The St. Camillus Team
“I wish to commend the entire staff who worked with us in rehab. I was a physical and mental wreck when I arrived there in early June. I was worked daily with great concentration and enthusiasm from every staff member. When I left in early September, my speech and handwriting were vastly improved and the staff made sure that I cleared all of the benchmarks necessary for my release. All were kind, caring, and professional in their respective disciplines, and when left I was ready to handle pretty much anything.
The food service and the housekeeping staff were also wonderful folks; smiling, engaging in humorous banter, and never forgetting that we, the patients, were the focus of their work. I also can’t give enough praise to the Nursing staff on the Brain Injury unit. They functioned with alacrity and good humor no matter what the situation or time of day. I still think fondly of my time in St. Camillus and would recommend the establishment very highly to anyone who asked me about it.”
The Short-term Rehabilitation Program provides comprehensive, inpatient rehabilitation that effectively prepares individuals to return home following surgery, illness or injury. The program is intense and accelerated, but modified to help patients build strength and independence to achieve their maximum level of function before returning home. We offer a full range of services and amenities in a comfortable, caring and family-oriented environment. Our passionate and dedicated team is focused on driving the patient experience through the provision of quality clinical care and services.
- Expanded program with predominantly private rooms
- Newly renovated units
- Effective rehabilitation up to six (6) days a week focusing on strength, independence, functional self-care, and mobility
- Manage many complex medical conditions through an interdisciplinary clinical team focusing on clinical assessments, wound care, respiratory care, infusion therapy, medication management, patient education, etc.
- Dedicated team of onsite internal medicine physicians and nurse practitioners including physiatrists from Upstate Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Person-centered care (individualized plan of care based on your discharge goals)
- Comprehensive discharge planning model
- On-site pharmacy
- Additional medical services
“My PTA, Missy Kruszelnicki, and my COTA, Morgan Walsh, were very good and helped me get strong. It was hard at first, but I did all the exercises. All the other helpers were also very good.”
“I wish to thank St. Camillus administration, doctors, KB Unit, occupational therapy and physical therapy for the tender loving care provided to me during my 2 ½ month stay. Everyone was caring, thoughtful, considerate and supportive. It has been a journey and I couldn’t have done it without your team. I consider myself blessed to have been a patient at your facility.”
The St. Camillus Team
At St. Camillus, caring is a team effort. The involvement of each member is vital to success. Although we are often defined by the services we provide, our staff is known to the individuals in our care by their first names, and by the concern with which we approach each situation. The following is a list of team members that are typically engaged in the person’s rehabilitation:
- Physiatrists from Upstate Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Internal Medicine/Primary Care Physicians
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech/Language Pathologist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Recreation Therapist
- Nursing Services
- Social Services/Case Manager
For more information about the Short-Term Rehab Program at St. Camillus, please call Admissions at 315-488-1500 or submit a request by clicking to Contact Us button below.